Do you have to calculate the perimeter of a scalene triangle? Use our calculator to perform this operation automatically.
You simply have to enter the dimensions of each side of the scalene triangle and click on the calculate button to obtain the value of its perimeter:
How to get the perimeter of a scalene triangle
Calculating the perimeter of a scalene triangle is very simple. It is simply necessary to know that this type of triangles are characterized by having all its different sidesso that we can calculate the perimeter of the figure by adding the lengths of each of its three sides:
Perimeter of scalene triangle = a + b + c
Like solved example, let's assume that we have a scalene triangle with sides a = 6 cm, b = 10 cm and c = 14 cm:
Perimeter = a + b + c = 3 + 5 + 7 = 30 centimeters.
How to calculate the area of a scalene triangle
The method for calculate the area of a triangle scalene triangle does not change at all with respect to any other triangle. For that reason, we recommend that you enter the link that we have just left you and in which you will find we explain the different methods that exist to obtain the area of this three-sided polygon.
Characteristics of a scalene triangle
There are a number of traits that help us to identify easily when a triangle is scalene. Let's see what their characteristics are:
- All its sides are different and this
- As a consequence of the previous point, the scalene triangle has all its angles are distinct.
- It is an irregular polygon (due to the two previous points).
Types of scalene triangles
Depending on the angles of a scalene triangle, we can classify them into:
- Acute-angled scalene triangleall its angles are acute, i.e., less than 90º.
- Rectangular scalene trianglehas a right angle (90º). The rest of the angles have different measures.
- Obtuse-angled scalene triangleOne of the angles is obtuse, that is, it measures more than 90º but less than 180º.
Remember that the sum of the three angles of the triangle is 180 degrees.