Have you proposed save every month? Surely yes, we all want to allocate part of our paychecks for savings and thus join with money for whims, cover expenses, summer vacations or any unforeseen event that may arise.
With our monthly savings calculator you will be able to indicate how much money you have (if any), enter the amount of money you think you will be able to save per month and the number of months you will be saving. After pressing the calculate button, you will know the total amount of money you will have at the end of that period and also the money saved.
How the savings calculator works
Imagine that you save approximately 1000 euros per month. After paying the mortgage and the typical day-to-day expenses, that's the money left over from your paycheck.
With our monthly savings calculator, you can calculate the amount of money you will have after a certain number of months determined. This is especially useful to know your economic condition half a year from now, 12 months from now or whatever period you want. This way you can foresee the purchase of some object, car or any other thing and know if you will be able to afford it or not.
As you can see, our monthly savings calculator is very simple but very useful as you will be able to calculate the amount of money you will have saved after a certain period of time has elapsed.
If you want to know the specific amount you need to save Each month to reach a certain amount in a certain amount of time, we also have a calculator that will tell you how much you have to save to reach your goals.
Money Saving Calculator
Do you need save a certain amount of money in a specific period of time? With our calculator you can find out how much money you need to save each month to achieve your goal. Obviously, the fewer months of savings we have, the more money you will have to save per month to get to the money you need.
To find out, simply enter the amount of money you already have (if you have any), the amount of money you want to save and the time in months you have available to achieve it. After clicking on the calculate button, you will know the amount you must save each month.
If you are planning to buy something in the short or long term, with our savings calculator you will be able to plan a monthly savings method that allows you to meet your purchase objective in a number of months that you define.
Imagine you want to buy the iPhone 7 for 899 euros. If you have a margin of 5 months until its launch, you would have to save 179.89 euros each month.
The purpose of this tool is to enable you to plan for an expense you know you will have in the future so you can know whether you can cope with it or not.
How to save month to month
If you know how to save money each month, here are some tips on how to save money. tips to help you make more money in the bank.
Keep your fixed costs under control
Part of your payroll budget will go towards fixed expenses such as the purchase of energy or the payment of utility bills electricity, heating, internet, cell phone, etc. It is very important that you define the amount of money that will be destined to these expenses that occur every month and try never to exceed that amount.
By now you probably know how much you spend per month on food and services so add up how much it costs you and put that figure as money ceiling to be spent each month of your payroll.
The real challenge comes now when not only can you not exceed that amount of money, but you must always try to reduce it as much as possible to save money each month. To do this, it is imperative that:
- Compare food prices in different supermarkets. You would be surprised to see the difference in prices from one establishment to another for the same product. Saving 6 cents on a carton of milk may not seem like much, but at the end of the month it all adds up and the savings can be quite noticeable if you shop in places where food is cheaper.
- Make the leap to the online shopping. Establishments such as Amazon have very low prices en comparación con algunas tiendas físicas. El ahorro es brutal en algunos caso y lo mejor es que tenemos desde alimentos hasta ropa, tecnología, juguetes, libros,... Es raro que necesitemos alguna cosa y no esté en Amazon.
- Sign up for the internet and cellular rate you need. We often pay a lot more money for a tariff that we do not need because we have been offered the latest iPhone or Samsung Galaxy as a hook. Surely, we do not need to have the high-end smartphone that has just come out if that is going to affect us in 30 euros less savings per month. Do you spend all the MB and minutes of rate? If you always have enough left over, consider switching to another tariff that suits your needs and you will save a lot of money.
- The same for the heating, electricity or waterDo you use energy efficiently in your home? What temperature do you set your house at in winter? Here we also have a good tip to save money every month and that is that if we leave the lights on or put the heating on and then leave the windows open, we are throwing money away.
Choose your bank wisely
Don't be fooled by gifts that you end up paying over time. Choose a bank that provides you with advantages in your day-to-day life such as no commissions when withdrawing money, making transfers, no maintenance on credit cards and current accounts, etc.
What's the point of getting a 200 euro tablet if we are going to be paying commissions for any operation every month?
Beware of installment purchases
Buying in installments is very convenient as it allows us to conveniently pay for a product but be careful, to buy first you have to save.
Don't buy anything in installments if you don't have the money for the item you are going to buy. If for any reason there is a month when you can't pay the installment, the interest on arrears will be sky high. And of course, don't ask for credit to buy something you don't need.
Other money-saving tips
Saving money is a complicated task and depends mainly on how much we earn per month. It is not the same for a person with a salary of 3,000 € but in both cases, there are always some tips to increase the size of our piggy bank every month.
- Avoid those coffees at lunchafter lunch, the beer in the afternoon. I know, these are pleasures, but have you ever stopped to think about how much money they cost you per month?
- The car, use it as little as possible. Tener un vehículo privado es un pozo de dinero, aunque sea el modelo que menos consume del mercado. Impuestos, seguros, mantenimientos, gasolina...una buena forma de ahorrar bastante dinero consiste en prescindir del coche lo máximo posible.
- Don't renew your cell phone every year, o tablet, o televisión o... Las marcas tecnológicas nos maquillan con "grandes mejoras" sus dispositivos año tras año pero en realidad, nos suponen un gran gasto para la mejora que realmente aportan. El que cambie su iPhone 6 por un iPhone 6s es por puro vicio, y yo era de esos.
- Spotify, Movistar Fusion, Amazon Premium, ... todos son services with monthly fees If you add it up at the end of the month, you spend a significant amount of money. If you don't watch pay TV, unsubscribe. If you don't use Spotify, unsubscribe. If you have too high a mobile tariff that you don't take advantage of, switch to a cheaper one.
- Then there are home classics like not leaving lights on unnecessarily, avoid using electrical appliances such as the washing machine or dishwasher if they are half full, etc.
Any decision to spend less is a good one, and there are bound to be 1,000 money-saving tips. If you follow these tips, you will be able to increase your savings capacity each month by 10% to 30%.